Feb 16, 2026

All the things I don’t care about.

You know I was going to write about something else and I put up that title and then walked away from the computer and didn’t write anything. The thing is, I’ve been so busy with work and the various calamities that have been going on it doesn‘t seem as if I have the energy of late to do much.

I had a pipe burst last week.

Seriously, we had a cold snap that seems to have finally broken and I imaging that when the temperature got warmer was when I discovered that one of the pipes had burst. I went out in the dark last week on a Tuesday morning to move the recycling bins down to the curb to see water pouring from an overhang above my garage door. When I say pouring that is indeed what I mean because it was a torrent!

At first I thought that snowmelt on the roof had come down between the walls but when I put my hand beneath the water and realized it was warm I knew it was from the heating system.

Just great.

Anyway, I scrambled to get someone in to fix it and this was after shutting everything off (which thankfully I know how to do). The original estimate I got was for over $1,000 but after my cousin yelled that I was getting ripped off, I found another place that cost me a little more than half that. I got through a cold night with the over and the wood burning stove keeping the house toasty and then it got fixed and I was poorer for it.

I hate spending money.

Seriously, it’s like I’m hemorrhaging money of late… I got two tires for the car and today went and paid for inspection, an oil change and the tires to be put on along with other things and that was over $400!!!!

I am so close to the bone on everything that I don’t have big things like this set up for my budget and I don’t like having outstanding debt. It really is a matter of me getting off my ass and moving forward on other fronts and turning some of the clutter into that nice green paper.

But, I’m thinking now I am better dealing with things and just moving on that letting them linger and develop into bigger problems. Like many I’m worried I’m being ripped off. I am somewhat suspicious about the tires and if they actually mounted my new tires or not but it’s done and the idea is just keep moving forward and not stopping because inactivity only makes things worse. 

No comments: